Team Member Bio:
Alysia Deem holds a Master's Degree in Education and is a K-12 Certified Library Media Specialist. She received her Gifted Education certification from Shenandoah University and is currently the Library Media Specialist and Gifted Coordinator for Johnson-Williams Middle School in Berryville, Virginia.
Alysia is passionate about Information and Media Literacy and loves to teach students how to navigate through the research process and to be good Digital Citizens!
Areas of Experience:
- 5 years Elementary Library Media Specialist, 6 years Middle School Library Media Specialist, 5 years Middle School Gifted Teacher/Coordinator
Teaching or Administrative Certifications:
- K-12 Library Media Specialist, K-12 Gifted Education Certification
- Google Certified Educator I, Google Certified Educator II, Common Sense Educator, Flipgrid Certified Educator, Edpuzzle Coach, Epic Certified Educator, Nearpod Certified Educator
- Brainstorm 2017 - Student Driven Learning with HyperDocs and Multimedia Text Sets
- Clarke County Innovation Conference 2018 - Flip your Classroom with FlipGrid
- Clarke County Innovation Conference 2019 - Creativity and Storytelling with Adobe Spark, Tour Creator, Wiser Students with Wizer.me