Team Member Bio:
Chanda Greco is a Google Certified Trainer from Strasburg, VA, where she serves as an Instructional Technology Resource Coach for the elementary, middle, and high schools. She has 24 years teaching experience at the middle school level covering reading, writing, and social studies curriculum. Mrs. Greco loves to work with new technologies and has incorporated 3D printing and makerspaces into everyday curriculum.
Areas of Experience:
- 3 - Alternative Ed; 14 - 8th grade social studies, reading, writing; 7 - instructional technology
- Elementary School, Middle School, High School
Teaching or Administrative Certifications:
- Social Studies/History, English
- Google Certified Educator I, Google Certified Educator II, Google Certified Trainer, Makey Makey Trainer, Edpuzzle Coach, Seesaw Ambassador
- Helped develop and online Professional Development platform for SCPS teachers called SCPS labs. Platform uses badges and micro-credentials to acknowledge professional learning for teachers. (Same can be applied to students in a regular classroom)
- Presented at the Google Summit in Charlottesville, VA in March 2016. Presentation: Google Add-ons for Docs.
- Co-presented at the Google Summit in Charlottesville, VA in March 2016. Presentation: Google Add-ons for Sheets
- Presented at the Google Summit in Charlottesville, VA in March 2017. Presentation: It’s Hip to Be Hyper
- Presented at the Google Summit in Charlottesville, VA in March 2018. Presentation: Using Recap to Promote Inquiry
- Presented at Brainstorm 2016 at James Madison University. Presentation: 3D Scanning in the Math Classroom.
- Presented at Brainstorm 2017 at James Madison University. Presentation: It’s Hip to Be Hyper
- Presented at Brainstorm 2018 at James Madison University. Presentation: Makey Makey Fun
- Presented at Brainstorm 2019 at James Madison University: Presentation: Updated: Add-Ons for Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
- Presented at VSTE 2019: Presentation: Curation Station: Using Wakelet to Curate Resources on the Web
- Presented at Shenandoah County i-Chip Symposium Years 2014, 2015, 2016 – Presentations: The Maker Movement (2014); Augmented Reality and 3d Scanning in the Math Classroom (2015); Interactive Watershed: Augmented Reality in the Science Classroom (2016)
- VSTE 2019
- VASCD 2014
- Brainstorm 2016-2019