Team Member Bio:
I live in Strasburg, Virginia and am married with two children. I am currently an Instructional Technology Coach at Apple Pie Ridge Elementary School in Frederick County. I have been an educator for 23 years. I have a Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education (K-3 certification) and a Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction in Computer Education.. In my 23 years I have taught 10 years in a regular education classroom, 6 years as the computer lab teacher(kindergarten thru fifth grade), and the last couple of years I have served as an Instructional Technology Resource Coach. I am also actively involved with Assistive Technology. I am a Google Certified Trainer, Certified Brainpop Educator, Seesaw Ambassador, and a Makey Makey Trainer. I am also involved with Discovery Education, I am a DEN STAR member and a member of the DEN Leadership Council. I love technology and everything it has to offer just wish I could keep up with the ever changing world.
Areas of Experience:
- In my 23 years I have taught 10 years in a regular education classroom, (4 years in 3rd, 5 years in 2nd, and one year in kindergarten) 6 years as the computer lab teacher(kindergarten thru fifth grade), and the last couple of years I have served as an Instructional Technology Resource Coach.
- Masters in Curriculum and Instruction in Computer Education
Teaching or Administrative Certifications:
- Google Certified Educator I, Google Certified Trainer, Brain Pop Certified Educator, Makey Makey Trainer, Edpuzzle Coach, DEN Pioneer/Ambassador, CodeVA Elementary Coach
- VSTE (2015-2019)
- ISTE (2019)
- Clarke County Innovation Summit (2019)
- Learnerpalooza (2107-2019)
- Techknowledge (2019)
- DEN Ambassador Program (2016-2019)
- EdTech Summits (2015-2018)